For Those Days When You Just Can’t
The Intentional Mom Planning System is where you need to start with our incredible collection of product options. It will help you establish the basics for your life & home so you’ll finally have a plan, save yourself time, and go to bed feeling like you accomplished something every day (because you did). Save up to 60% HERE!
While we all know the things we must do every day, what about those days when we just can’t? As much as we wish it didn’t happen, there are times when we just can’t do the things we know we should. There are times when we can’t do the things we know others are counting on us to do. There are times when we let others down. There are times when we let ourselves down. There are times when we just simply……….can’t.
So, what about those days when we just can’t?
(this post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no cost to you)
- There are times when we should get up early…………but we sleep in instead
- There are times when we should get to work right away………..but we lounge around instead
- There are times when we should get out of our pajamas……….but we figure it’s just not worth the bother
- There are times when we know we should make a healthy breakfast for our kids…………but we serve them cereal instead
- There are times when we should get to that laundry……….but we just let the mountain laugh at us instead
- There are times when we really should stop by to see that friend who has been having a rough time………..but we can’t seem to get in the car to go
- There are times when we should make a healthy and frugal dinner for our family………..but we opt for a drive-thru instead
- There are times when we really should get down on the floor to play with our kids…………but we just stay on the couch while putting on yet another video
- There are times when we should wash the sink full of dishes………..but we just turn and look the other way
- There are times when we should clean up the living room before our husband gets home………..but we pretend we just can’t see it
- There are times when we are supposed to go to that thing that we volunteered for back when life was less hectic………..but we choose to fumble some sort of excuse for why we can’t be there to the person in charge
- There are times when we should buy the grocery items that are on sale……….but instead we just head to the store to buy whatever strikes our fancy regardless of the price
- There are times when we should do that thing our husband asked us to do for him……….but we choose to forget instead
- There are times when we should return a phone call based on a voicemail that we received……….but we purposely wait until it’s too late in the day to even try
- There are times when we should use the time after the kids get in bed to get some things done……….but we choose to mindlessly waste time on Facebook instead
- There are times when we should read our daughter her usual bedtime story………..but we just don’t take the time to do it
- There are times when we really should give the baby a bath before bed……….but we just figure that one more night won’t hurt
- There are times when we should drive our kids to practice………..but we choose to find a reason that we can’t
- There are times that we should apologize for something we said or did………..but we just decide that really the other person should apologize first
- There are times when we really should do our devotions before we go to sleep………..but we just turn the light off instead
So what do we do on those days when we just can’t?
We just simply…don’t.
Of course we can’t have these sorts of days all the time, but when these sorts of days, the sorts of days that leave us bone weary come, sometimes we just have to give in and don’t do it. Whatever it is, sometimes we have to allow ourselves to just surrender.
Then, we remember that tomorrow will be a brand new day and that for today, it really will be ok.
This was my day today and might be again tomorrow but I know Monday I will get back to the swing of things. It will be okay though. Thanks for this post.
We ALL have those days. Any tomorrow is always a new day 🙂
Comments are closed.