When it comes to storage, I find it just takes a little bit of creativity and thinking outside of the box – sometimes way outside the box!
(this post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you)
Don’t forget about the insides of your doors. I was able to clean out some major space in closets by just moving stuff from the inside of the closet to the door using hanging shoe organizers, like these, Whitmor 6351-1253-JAVA Fashion Color Organizer Collection Over-the-Door Shoe Organizer, Java
- This is the one we keep on the inside of the office door since it is the room in which we keep extra
- There is one on the inside of the door of our schoolroom. We do keep some extra office supplies here, too, but it is also where we keep math manipulatives, various flash cards, and other small things that are related to school. We always know right where to find these things.
- There is one we keep on the inside of our front closet. In the winter it keeps all of our winter gear, and in the summer it keeps extra shoes, flip-flops, and sandals.
- These are two the inside of my girls’ closet doors, and they keep different things at different times. Sometimes it is hair stuff, body sprays, or other various little things, they have also used them for socks, belts, or scarves.
- I could also see adding them to the back of the bathroom doors to hold extra bathroom supplies and also one to the pantry to hold mixes, granola bars, and other small items.
You would be amazed at how much you can fit in these shoe organizers, and in general the backsides of doors are out of sight anyway.
Finding places to store things in any place is always a challenge, but sometimes you just have to think outside of the box a bit.