Do you overlook the bathroom as a place that you can multi-task when it comes to cleaning? Did you know that there are things you can do to make your bathroom cleaning duties easier? In fact, you can give the bathroom a good cleaning in as little as 12 minutes a week! Multi-tasking is not just for the kitchen anymore. And, what could be better since who really likes to clean the bathroom?
Here’s the bathroom cleaning plan you need!
(this post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no cost to you)
One of my favorite tips about multi-tasking in the bathroom is to utilize the time you are bathing little ones as your chance to get the cleaning done, all except for cleaning the bathtub, of course. Maybe it’s because I have had a little one in the bath most nights for 14 years, but I have learned to use this time to my advantage since I am in there watching the little one anyway! Of course, this is once they can safely entertain themselves.
Some of these cleaning tips might be things you already do, but cleaning a bathroom has never really been my favorite thing to do so I have learned to become as efficient as I can be.
It has to be this kind with the big foamer. They are my best friend. Truly. They work so well that if I spray them on inside my shower and leave it for an hour it will cut through everything – even the aerosol hair spray that we spray in our shower (rather than spraying it over the floor and then having to scrub it off the tile and walls – Bonus cleaning tip!)
Following are the steps I take to tackle the bathroom in 12 minutes, or less!
- Spray the shower or tub with these Scrubbing Bubbles and let sit
- Flush the toilet
- When the bowl is done draining water add cleaner or bleach, whatever you use (this is the cleaner I use)
- Wash floor area just around the toilet
- Come back and clean the toilet, I clean from outside to inside, top to bottom
- Wash entire floor
- Wipe down walls around toilet
- Wipe down cupboards
- Clean countertop with cleaner
- Wipe down shower or tub with the Scrubbing Bubbles that have now worked their magic
- Clean out sinks with cleaner
- Then, clean mirror with glass cleaner
- Clean sinks with glass cleaner, if allowed on your surface
- Clean shower fixture with glass cleaner
- Wipe down light switch and door knob
Done! Now sit back and enjoy the sparkle!
Want to keep mold and mildew at bay in your shower? Keep a cleaning toothbrush in the shower and use it every time you are in the shower to scrub in all the nooks and crannies. I often keep a rag in there to wipe down the walls, too, since I’m in there anyway. The steam of the shower helps loosen everything up like magic. Bonus tip!
FREE Cleaning Cheat Sheet!
Just fill in your email address to get your cleaning party started!