Since I’m just keeping things real around here, I am sharing pictures of my lovely cleaning project this week. My office. Such a disgrace, I know. How can I even work in it, you may ask? Well, I can’t. Not like this, which is why this has come to the forefront.
My office is such a frustrating place because after all, isn’t mom’s office just a place to throw all the junk we don’t feel like putting away?! Apparently so. It is also frustrating because it doubles as the place where we keep all the craft supplies, papers, and extra office supplies. For this reason, it gets used, a lot. We also have our printer/copier in there, so kids are forever making copies of their school papers, which is why there are always schoolbooks around, too.
How does it get like this? There is a door. I shut it when I walk past and try to get in and out of there as fast as humanly possible whenever I have to go in there.
- All the sorting and putting away of things would come first. That way I have a clean and organized space in which to clean. Don’t worry, the kids will be helping with this project.
- This also includes going through all the markers to make sure they work, tossing pieces of broken crayons that can’t be used, and throwing out coloring books and papers that can no longer be used.
- Wiping out all the shelving cubes and wiping off the top of the storage shelves.
- Dusting in all the comers where the ceiling meets the walls.
- Wiping down the walls.
- Washing the blind.
- Vacuuming and washing the entire floor, in all the corners, nooks, and crannies.
- Scrubbing all the marker off my desk, even though we aren’t supposed to color there.
- Re-establishing the rules of what mom’s office is to be used for, and what it is not.
- Sitting back and enjoying the beauty of my office.
- Working in my office again.
This will not all get done today, but I can’t wait to share the after pictures later in the week!
What are you cleaning this week?