The Life Management CEO Planner is where you need to start with our incredible collection of product options. It will help you establish the basics for your life & home so you’ll finally have a plan, save yourself time, and go to bed feeling like you accomplished something every day (because you did). Save up to 79% HERE!
Insecurities. We all face them, don’t we? I think some of us struggle with insecurities more than others, and I think different seasons cause us to battle with them all the more.
In my life, when something unexpected and unwelcome happens, this is always when my insecurities flair up. When life challenges, when life hurts, when life threatens my joy, this is when the little voices speak up, telling me that things are my fault, I made bad choices, I’m forever going to be stuck right where I’m at, and so much more.
The reality is, these voices never speak truth.
Maybe you can relate to the insecurities that I feel at times. If so, let’s explore how to move past the voices of doubt and insecurity.
These are the truths to remember when insecurities creep in
(this post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no cost to you)
- I am not defined by my circumstances
- I am not defined by others
- I am not defined by my limitations
- I an not defined by my season
- I am not defined by the lies others spread about me
- I am not defined by any labels
- I am not defined by what I have
- I am not defined by what I don’t have
- I am not defined by the things others do
- I am not defined by my performance in anything
- I am not defined by hardship
- I am not defined by challenges
- I am not defined by failure
- I am not defined by success
- I am not perfect
- I am not expected to be perfect
- I am a child of the King
- I am a sinner
- I am redeemed by the blood of Jesus
- I am forgiven
- I am enough
- I am the wife God chose for my husband
- I am the mom God chose for my kids
- I am loved no matter what
- I am valued no matter what
- I am exactly where I am supposed to be even when it feels like I’m not
- I am not going to be in any one challenge, any one season, or any one place forever
- I can grow
- I can change
- I can learn new things
I’m sure I could add more to this list, but this is plenty to get me started. I also love what Lysa says in chapter 16 of The Best Yes:
“Insecurity only has power over you when you allow it control over your thoughts.”
Another one of my favorite quotes from this chapter:
“We must let our identity, not our insecurities, be the first thing that walks into every situation we face — every decision we make.”
Do you find yourself struggling with insecurities at times? Embrace these truths of who you are —and who you are not!
The thoughts shared in this post were inspired by a chapter in The Best Yes. This is a book that were are reading together as a community beginning February 22nd, 2016. We are reading just three chapters a week in this book.
Even if you are not reading along with us this time, you can still pick up your own copy and gain the wisdom you need in making wise decisions in the midst of endless demands.
Here is a bit more about our book club…
This book club is a way of encouraging others to carve out the time to read at a pace of just three chapters a week because I’ve learned that finding time to read never just happens on its own.
Every Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday there will be blog posts here with Monday’s Inspirational Reads somewhere in the title with my reaction to each of the three chapters for the week, and then on Thursday evening at 9 pm EST we will be on Periscope discussing the chapters in an interactive format. You can find everything you need to know about Periscope by reading The Periscope Lowdown.
All you have to do is grab your book above, and you’re good to go! We’d love to have you join it, otherwise, grab your own copy and read any of the posts with Monday’s Inspirational Reads in the title and you can join in on your own time!