Do you make the time to to regularly clean your dishwasher? If not, what’s the point of cleaning your dishes in a dirty dishwasher? Please don’t be offended by that question…did you see the pictures of how gross my dishwasher was? I am 100% guilty of letting this situation get out of hand.
Are you looking for the life hacks you need to make cleaning your house easier? Enter your email below to enter my 7 day cleaning challenge and get these hacks delivered straight to your inbox!
7 Days To a Cleaner Home
Join in the challenge & snag some other pretty cool stuff too!
However, let’s talk about how to make your dishwasher sparkle so your dishes can, too!
(this post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no cost to you)
Here is what you’ll need:
- white vinegar
- baking soda
- clean rag or washcloth
- measuring cup
Then, these are the steps you want to follow:
- First, take out the bottom rack of your dishwasher
- Then, on your wet rag or dishcloth, pour just a bit of the white vinegar on it and wipe down the entire interior surface of the dishwasher. Don’t forget about the top underside!
- Next comes wiping down the inside of the door, paying attention to all surfaces including the surface that is near the top of the door
- If you haven’t done so already, wipe down all the seals on all interior surfaces of the dishwasher and door
- Pour about one cup of white vinegar in the bottom of the dishwasher
- Pour 1/2 cup over the top of the white vinegar. It will bubble up and help the vinegar work its magic
- Add another cup of white vinegar in a coffee mug and place in the top rack of the dishwasher
- Place the bottom rack back into the dishwasher
- Run your dishwasher on a light or quick cycle