The Life Management CEO Planner is where you need to start with our incredible collection of product options. It will help you establish the basics for your life & home so you’ll finally have a plan, save yourself time, and go to bed feeling like you accomplished something every day (because you did). Save up to 79% HERE!
Do you know the simple way to clean your glass cooktop stove like magic? And, it uses only two things you probably already have. No expensive or toxic cleaners needed, and this works like a charm to get off even the crustiest of burnt on food. And, you really don’t need to do any scrubbing at all since the cleaners do the cleaning for you. If you’re wondering how to get your glass cooktop clean, this sit tight, it couldn’t be easier!
The truth is, I love a shiny stove, but I always hated spending $5 or more for the glass top stove cleaner. There had to be an easier and money saving way. I’m also not a fan of harsh cleaning
Before you go any further, make sure to grab our weekly cleaning schedule. It’s perfect for making time to have a clean (not perfect) home – even if you’re busy. Just tell us where to send it!
Grab your free daily & weekly cleaning scheudle
So, I set about looking for the simple solution to clean a glass stove. And, lucky for you – I found it!
I tried a few different combinations and methods, and I have finally found the absolute easiest and most inexpensive way to get it done.
In my home, there are several people who cook, and some are cleaner than others. In full disclosure, I can be one of the messy ones since I’m often in a hurry when I’m cooking.
Here is the simple way to clean your glass cooktop stove – even the burnt on food!
Do you have a glass stove top that looks like this & have burnt on food?
I don’t know about you, but it doesn’t take long for my glass top stove to look like this – or worse! Sure, there are stove top cleaners out there, but they are expensive, and could be toxic. If you have a glass stove top in need of cleaning, you can most likely complete this project using things that you already have on hand!
Here’s what you’ll need to clean your glass cooktop stove:
- baking soda
- spray bottle
- scrubbing pad, like this one HERE or this one HERE
- paper towel
- 2 clean, dry rags
Then, follow these steps to clean your glass stove:
1. Start by wiping the surface off with a wet rag, cleaning it of all loose debris and everything you can get off.
2. Wait for surface to dry
3. Sprinkle dry surface with baking soda, especially where the caked on areas are
4. Cover the baking soda with vinegar using spray bottle, creating a toothpaste sort of consistency, it will bubble up, which is just what it is supposed to be doing
5. Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes
6. Use scouring pad to work on cleaning up anything that is left behind. If it has really been baked on, you may need a bit of elbow grease
7. When everything has been scoured off, wipe up the paste that remains with paper towel
8. Use one clean, dry rag and get it went. Wipe up any of the paste that remains
9. Finally, use your second clean, dry rag to give the glass stove top a buff and polish, and voila!!!
You should now have a glass cooktop stove that is clean including the burnt on food!
Not only does this method work well for cleaning up tough, burnt on food, this also works well as a weekly maintenance cleaning method.
As in most cleaning tasks, staying on top of it and keeping things clean proactively is always easier than waiting way too long to clean something.
The next time you’ve got a dirty stove, try this frugal, non-toxic, and super easy way of just getting it done.