The Intentional Mom Planning System is where you need to start with our incredible collection of product options. It will help you establish the basics for your life & home so you’ll finally have a plan, save yourself time, and go to bed feeling like you accomplished something every day (because you did). Save up to 60% HERE!
Cleaning is just part of life, but wouldn’t it be nice to clean quickly yet effectively, and only when things actually needed to be cleaned? As a busy mom, it can be so hard to find the motivation to clean when I actually do have the time. If only I had all the cleaning schedules, the best hacks, and awesome tips all in one place?
When I couldn’t find what I was looking for, I just created it for myself. These are so good not only for me as a busy mom, but this is also a great resource for my kids as they come alongside me to help keep our place in order.
If you are a busy woman looking for something to kickstart your cleaning motivation, this could be just what you need to give yourself that kick in the pants.
Looking for a printable version so you can put it right where you need it?
No worries, you can grab a printable version by clicking right here:
Grab Your Schedule!
Enter your email to receive the downloadable schedule
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription and download your freebie!
And with that, here are the cleaning schedules, tips, and hacks you need to make a clean home a breeze!
(this post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no cost to you)
- make bed: make your half of the bed as soon as you get out
- clean your dirty dishes: the old fashioned way really is easiest – let them soak in a sink full of soapy water
- wipe down the front of your kitchen appliances
- wipe down kitchen and bathroom counters using a simple cleaner, like this one
- do a quick clean of mirror using a cloth, like this one, just click on it
- fluff your living room pillows and fold blankets
- put shoes away
- wipe off toilet seats using disinfecting wipes like these, just click on them
- sanitize sponges and kitchen rags by putting them in the microwave for two minutes
- dust in main areas: kids can help with socks on hands
- vacuum all carpets using an efficient, lightweight, and amazing vacuum like this one, it’s great for our family of 10 and pets! Just click on it
- clean your shower, but let these do the work, just click on them
- quickly wipe out your refrigerator
- clean your microwave, but boil a mug of water with a little lemon juice in it first. All you have to do is wipe it out
- wipe off/clean stovetop
- wash bathroom towels
- wash bedding
- steam mop all solid surface floors using a steam mop like this one, just click on it
- sweep area in front of exit and entry doors
- shake out all rugs
- throw out spoiled food
- dust all baseboards using socks on your hands
- clean blinds using this time saving hack
- quick clean windows using this cloth
- clean appliances including your refrigerator, dryer, washer, and dishwasher
- vacuum and rotate mattresses
- remove couch cushions and vacuum them as well as the couch
- wash all throw blankets
- wipe down all doors, handles and knobs, and light switches
- clean ceiling fans. Dusters like this work really well! Just click on it
- clean oven
- organize/clean junk drawer: make it easier by having a junk drawer that is organized like this
- remove carpet stains. This steam cleaner is amazing!
- deep clean your shower like this
- organize/clean and organize closets
- deep clean your refrigerator like this
- clean under kitchen and bathroom sinks
- clean drains
- wash all rugs
- thoroughly clean windows
- wipe down cupboard fronts and handles in kitchen and bathrooms
- wash shower curtain liner
- clean toaster
- clean all toys: put toys that can get wet inside a laundry bag like this and wash in the washer
- clean or get new vacuum bag
- dust where walls and ceilings meet using this to get rid of cobwebs
Every Six Months:
- defrost and clean freezer
- vacuum and rotate mattresses
- sweep/clean garage
- wash comforters, quilts, and pillows
- clean under and behind furniture
- thoroughly clean coffee maker
- dust or clean tops of all door and closet trim
- clean bathroom vents: vacuuming and wiping them works best
- clean heating vents: vacuum first, then use a tool like this, just click on it
- dust lamp shades by vacuuming them
- purge magazines
- clean out cupboards
- clean gutters
- purge unused clothing
- get rid of broken or unused toys
- deep clean car
Cleaning is so much easier when we know what to clean and when to clean it. Grab your free downloadable above if you missed it!