The Life Management CEO Planner is where you need to start with our incredible collection of product options. It will help you establish the basics for your life & home so you’ll finally have a plan, save yourself time, and go to bed feeling like you accomplished something every day (because you did). Save up to 79% HERE!
There is nothing more annoying than cleaning window tracks in my opinion. Do you agree? Not only is it tedious, but it is also rather gross if you put it off like I do. And mine are yucky! My apologies there. No worries, however, because I’ve figured out a trick that gets it done quick and with little effort on your part. It is amazing how quickly window tracks can get gunky. Dirt, dust, pet hair, food, and who knows what else!
Like cleaning tips like these? Enter your email below to grab our cheat sheet with 30 cleaning projects you can get done in just 30 minutes or less!
Grab 30 Simple Cleaning Tasks
Enter your email to download a copy of 30 cleaning tasks you complete in 30 minutes or less!
If you’ve got a few minutes, you can get your window tracks nice and sparkly clean.
Here’s how to clean your window tracks like a pro!
You will need:
- old toothbrush
- white vinegar
- baking soda
- paper towel
- butter knife
- First sprinkle a little baking soda on the worst parts, usually in the corners.
- Cover baking soda with a little bit of the vinegar. It will start to bubble, which is good.
- Leave it for 5-10 minutes to work its magic.
- Come back and start working all that gunk towards the center with your toothbrush.
- Stick all the gunk on a paper towel and throw it away. I spared you the photo of this part.
- Wet your rag and start cleaning up the tracks with what is left, scrubbing if needed.
- Use the butter knife covered with the rag to get it better in the corners.
- Give the track one last wipe down.
- Admire your handiwork that looks as though you spent a half hour or more!
Sometimes a q-tip could be helpful, but they just hold such a small amount I don’t find them to be very cost or time efficient. Cleaning window tracks is one of those things that doesn’t have to be done all that often but when they do, this tip will make it way better!
Watch this video below to see how to clean window tracks step by step – and a few other cleaning challenges that most don’t know how to tackle!
Wondering how to use this same principle with your sliders? Read how to clean your slider tracks HERE.
Click on any of the links below to read about more cleaning tips and tricks