So, you’ve made date night a priority. You’ve looked forward to this time out together for days or weeks. But, now that you are here, what in the world do you talk about? Of course talking about the kids and maybe even work are easy things to come up with, but what about having a deep and meaningful conversation?
This is also such an important part of keeping the spark in your marriage alive, but coming up with things to talk about can be a bit of a struggle at time. Wouldn’t it be easier to have a few conversation starters just to get the ideas flowing?
I’ve got a date night planned this week. We usually head out for something small to eat and then will often just find a park or someplace to just sit and talk, uninterrupted, with no kids around. This never happens at home. Some of these ideas are really fun to get into. We would never get through the whole list all at one time, but there is always a fun conversation that spins off from these.
I have this list pinned and just bring it up on my phone while we are out. You can find this pin on my wife board if you follow me on Pinterest.
Here are some great conversation starters you can have with your spouse tonight or anytime.
(this post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no cost to you)
- If you could live during anytime in history when would it be and why?
- What do you consider as your greatest accomplishment thus far?
- What do you hope to accomplish by the time you retire?
- What do you hope to accomplish by the time you die?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why?
- What is one of your earliest childhood memories?
- What would you say was your favorite vacation as a couple?
- What would you say is your favorite family vacation?
- What is your favorite movie?
- What is your favorite book?
- What is your favorite song?
- What was your favorite year in school?
- Who was your favorite teacher in school and why?
- What do you admire most about your mom and why?
- What do you admire most about your dad and why?
- What is one character trait you want to pass on to your kids?
- What is one character trait you hope your kids don’t learn from you?
- If you could pick a career for each of our children, what would it be?
- If you could see one amazing accomplishment in technology during your lifetime, what would it be?
- What is your greatest hope for our marriage?
- What is your greatest hope for our children?
- What do you consider your greatest attribute?
- What do you consider my greatest attribute?
- What do you consider your greatest weakness?
- What do you consider my greatest weakness?
Cheap or free date nights don’t have to mean boring date nights. Engaging in meaningful conversation can be a great springboard for an amazing night!