We all have those dreaded tasks that we just seem to procrastinate on, and then there are those mundane jobs that we would rather avoid, but there are ways to be more efficient in both the everyday tasks and in the every once in awhile jobs. Some of these ideas will save you in a pinch while others will tell you how to clean something you never knew how to clean.
Before your next cleaning project, check this list of household hacks to see where you can save some time!
In the Kitchen
- spraying your measuring cup or spoon with cooking spray before using it for something like honey makes it slide right out with no mess
- you can use a paper towel if you run out of coffee filters
- you can use your mixer to shred chicken in a flash
- use toothpaste mixed with a little baking soda to clean your pots and pans
- clean your fridge like this
In the Bathroom
- use a dryer sheet to clean soap scum buildup from shower doors
- wax your shower doors with car wax to prevent soap scum in the first place
- rubber band a baggie with vinegar in it to your shower head overnight to make it sparkly clean
- wash your towels with hot water and a cup of vinegar then again on hot water with 1/2 cup of baking soda to remove that stink
- use the air keyboard cleaner to clean exhaust fans with buildup
Dealing With Stains
- scrub stains off your microfiber furniture using a white sponge, white scrubbing brush, and rubbing alcohol. Saturate the area in smaller sections with the rubbing alcohol, scrub with the sponge to remove stains, and after it is totally dry use the bristle brush to refresh the fiber
- blue dawn works wonders on carpet stains
- hydrogen peroxide removes blood from fabrics
- placing something stained in the direct sunlight works wonders
Tackling Dust and Grime
- use dryer on air cycle to remove dust from curtains
- need to clean your toys? Throw them in a laundering bag in the washer. Voila!
- clean your air vents – those ones with the skinny slats using a knife and a thin rag
- use bleach to clean mold and mildew from sinks, tubs, and shower
General Cleaning and Organization
- clean your mattress by sprinkling it with baking soda and then vacuuming it off
- putting some lavender essential oil on a cotton ball and putting it in your vacuum bag before vacuuming makes your whole house smell amazing
- storing your extra sheets in the pillow case keeps everything together in a neat bundle
- tearing out only the articles you want out of magazines and filing them saves on clutter
- put initials on all socks with permanent marker for easy pairing and sorting
- take a picture of art projects for a keepsake rather than keeping the piece itself
- remove all packaging that takes up space before storing…medications, makeup, toothpaste, floss, even baking mixes in the pantry. Store them in a ziploc bag if necessary as it takes up much less space
Cleaning doesn’t have to be a dreaded task anymore. Grab some of these tips or grab all of these tips to get your cleaning out of the way and on to enjoying your day.
What cleaning hacks can you share? I’d love to hear in the comments!